Thursday, February 2, 2012

Miniature Hobby







I am so in awe of many of the people on various websites who make the most marvelous miniatures. I thought about trying to build my own house, but I don't have the attention span or the temperament (not to mention that I don't know how!) for it. I do however, like to craft lots of little fiddly things like miniature perfume bottles, clothing, clay foods, etc. I find it a relaxing hobby and one that I can put down and pick up when I have time to work on it. I also like needlepoint and have good intentions of fashioning some wall hangings for Cockrell Hall. I like working with glass beading and jewelry findings too for some of my work. I've made so many of these little things in the past few months that I decided my house needed a 'market' to display some of these bits. I did some research about Tudor houses and found this was quite common in olden times to sell things at a market on the first floor of a house. I've named mine Mooney's Market after my Irish side of the family who owned markets in America and in Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment