Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cockrell Hall Tudor Dollhouse 2012





Cockrell Hall Blog:


I have been enthralled with all things miniature since I received a beautiful Federal style dollhouse for my 10th Christmas when we lived in Alabama. I had collected many miniature treasures when traveling with my family over the years and had no place to put them (my collection had outgrown my other house). I've stuck with the hobby for almost 40 years. I found myself wanting a new house, (Tudor style my favorite architectural era!) but had no clue where to find one. I started researching Tudor dollhouses on the Internet and came across an article about a British builder/craftsman who specialized in fashioning absolutely stunning replicas of Tudor-style mini houses. I contacted Kevin Jackson in the U.K. and also visited his website and the fun started there! I ordered a Canterbury house with modifications and Kevin began construction on 'Cockrell Hall' on October 1st 2011. This has been a fun three months of choosing exactly how my new house will look. Kevin has included me in virtually every major decision from placement of doors, trimwork, style of fireplaces, colors, and much more! It's been so much fun! He's provided me with with photos of every step of the build from the ground up. My house will have 7 rooms including a great hall that we decided upon kind of late in the process and a market room on the ground floor. The great hall features a beautiful vaulted ceiling, two chandeliers and a handmade stone faced fireplace. Kevin's houses all have electric lighting and the option of 'lighted fireplaces' which mine will have. Cockrell Hall will also have a remote control for the lighting where I can turn each room and floor and fireplace on and off and with a dimmer too! My house is now finished and Kevin is building the crate today for the transport to America. I live in Arkansas so it will be a long journey for a tiny house. I can't wait to fill it with all of my minis! I can't wait until it arrives!

1 comment:

  1. I am planning to bring a house similar to Elizabeth's house over to exhibit in Dallas for the Texas Miniature Showcase.

    I have been planning a trip to the US with my houses for some time, and have decided to commit to it now because I think this house is one of the best I have built to date.

    I have started the build but there will still be numerous options available during the build, and I would welcome the challange of building a house to satisfy the most demanding customer.

    If anyone would like more information or hopefully discuss their requirements in detail, please do not hesitate to contact me, kjbc@hotmail.co.uk

    Many Thanks,

    Kevin Jackson.

    www.kjdollshouses.co.uk

    ReplyDelete